80 landscape design ideas: entrance area in front of a private house!
The hallmark of the entire suburban area is the front area at the entrance. In this video, we tell you how to beautifully equip the landscape in front of the house on the street with your own hands with photos of successful examples and useful design tips.
Layout and zoning
Any design project starts with a plan, and the organization of external space is no exception. In order for the place in front of the house to be aesthetic and ergonomic, it needs to be zoned. Particular attention is paid to the local area, since this space is the center of the entire garden composition.
What to consider
– Make a project plan – in a special program or by hand. The drawing should reflect the size of the territory and buildings, as well as their location.
– Determine the cardinal points in order to understand what the area in front of the house will be: sunny or shady. Also, if the surface is uneven, note the elevation differences. Based on this, it will become clear which plants can be planted in front of the house and which cannot. The relief of the surface will also determine the landscape: will it be a smooth lawn or a multi-level composition.
– Think over what zones will be on the site and how they will be adjacent. Possible – a front door, directly a garden (or vegetable garden), a utility block and a place for rest. If there are children in the house, you can organize a playground for them – at least a small one.
If the number of acres allows, you can place a small decorative pond, a fountain or a small waterfall in front of the entrance.
The choice of style
The exterior of the yard should match the design of the house, as it is the main element of the entire site. You don’t have to repeat the style exactly, but even if you want fusion, the ideas should not contradict each other. Today, there are many styles of landscape design. They can be divided into several groups.
– Landscape – natural landscape, winding paths, various combinations of plants. This category includes contemporary style, country, alpine and meadow garden.
– Regular – this type is distinguished by the severity of forms, clearly organized space and straight symmetrical lines. This group includes the regular style itself, Art Nouveau, minimalism and the French garden.
– Exotic – natural materials in the design, unusual decorative elements, exotic plants, tiered arrangement. This category includes ethnic styles (Chinese, Japanese,), as well as author’s projects.
This video is educational in nature! Author of the channel “100 Ideas!” demonstrates entrance area in front of a private house and explains their merits.
We’ve made significant changes to our content with the “Movavi Video Suite 18” video editor. Edited multiple videos in a specific order to unleash the creator’s creativity, and overlaid a recorded audio track with instructions and free music on YouTube